12/04/2016

Exploring South


I've never really travelled in the southern part of the city, much less go beyond SRP, despite the number of years I've been calling this place home; it never really occurred to me until I grew and became more and more curious of the wonders around me. The map I've been creating marks on was too vast that I forgot to magnify the places I should've looked at first. Fortunately, the summer of 2016 paved way to unexpected trips to local sights I have never been to, with the best company I could ever ask for.





Just 3 to 4 hours from Cebu is the peaceful town of San Fernando. My friends and I went to a remote mountain resort called Singli which was the perfect definition of a typical Filipino escapade. The view going to the area was absolutely breathtaking which I have on video!



Right before we went home, we stopped by the Naga Baywalk located in Naga City. Surprisingly, it isn't as bad as people say it is. The breeze was calm, and the view wasn't at all bad. It's an ideal place to go if you're doing a lot of thinking, as cheesy as it sounds.

And in case you missed out on my Twitter advertising, I made a montage about my trip. If you're also a curious one like me but is skeptic to explore the different spots around the city due to various hazards, I suggest you grab the call of adventure and seize the moment. Don't let anxiety come your way. Moreover, don't have the typical mindset that adventure should include you being 16, 000 kilometres on air to reach a place totally foreign to your eyes - that's great actually, but never think of it as a criteria to experience the beauty of exploration.




Sending you love, Gwyn


< > Home
The Haute Express © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.