05/04/2015

Manila 2015: Photo Diary

I’ve been on hiatus for a while, but I swear, I’m back.

This month has been one of the busiest, stressful, and basically overwhelming month I’ve been through. A lot has happened and apparently, the happenings are much too plenty to be talked about in one blog post. So I’m going to start with the first which was my trip to Manila and my OTRA Concert Experience!

image

Okay I had to post this photo because this was the highlight of my trip and basically the reason why I went to Manila. I’ve been wanting to see them live ever since I became a fan (which was when I was about 9 or something). The idea of seeing them live on concert had always been the first one in my bucketlist, and yes my desire to see them live was bigger than sky diving - that’s how much I love them. And after four years, it finally came true.

Despite the fact that I had to take a plane to go to Manila and I had to finish all my school work before I left, I still managed to pull the strings together. I had no sleep at all plus I didn’t have anyone to go with because my friends had their graduation the same date as the concert which was March 21, 2015; I was alone until I found some other friends inside the venue - and two of them eventually became close friends of mine.

image
image

All photos were taken using my phone because I didn’t bother bringing my DSLR because it was so heavy plus we had loads of luggage so it was pretty inconvenient.

The boys were really nice in person and I still managed to see them despite my seat. They sounded really good live and they really have pure talent - that’s all that I have to say. It really saddened me Zayn wasn’t there though, I’ve always wanted to hear his high notes live; and sadly, I never will (I’ll probably make another blog post for this).

I have tons of videos from the concert and unfortunately less photos. I’d post the videos but it mainly consisted of me screaming and shaking the camera due to the adrenaline of the moment. It didn’t matter I was far away from them at that moment, because the thought of me breathing the same air and feeling part of the crowd actually felt really good. I had good companion, good music and an amazing band performing in front of me for a night; I couldn’t think of reasons not to celebrate the feeling. Thirteen hours of waiting in line, with the unbearable heat surrounding us, and being constantly pushed side to side by other people - it was totally worth it.

image
image
image

One trait I inherited from my Mom was her wanderlust. She loved the idea of an adventure as much as I did. So we spent the following days going to different cities and appreciating the beauty of each. It was a really fun experience and I got to bond with her more since she was the only one who traveled with me all the way to Manila.

image

Magnum Cafe is really good by the way. It’s definitely a must try!

image

I already posted most of these photos on Instagram though but I felt like this was an obligatory post on my blog. 

Anyways, my trip would not be possible without my parents - especially my Mom. I’m very grateful for everything she has done for me and for her endless support whenever it came to my interests. The stuff she did for me before, during and after the concert were beyond great. I couldn’t ask for a better Mom than you, Mommy! This blog post is dedicated to you. I love you and thank you so much for everything. (Although she made me miss out on something great in school the Monday after that, I still love you Momma!)

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all spent your day well, because I did. All thanks to my family and to Jesus, the man above.


All the love, Gwyn

< > Home
The Haute Express © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.