20/04/2015

38th National Encampment

So far, the second week of April has been a blast! A part of everything that happened is summed up in the photo above. Decipher the stories behind each one below the cut!

Being a member of an organization is actually really cool. The idea of being a part of something big sounds exciting, doesn’t it? It’s nice to know that you belong to something other than your family - it’s nice to have a whole new set of people to treasure memories with. 

I’m proud to say that I am a Girl Scout - yes I’m one of those girls who wear scarves and green uniforms. I’m one of those girls who set up tents in the great outdoors and do everything just to earn a badge. Yes, I sing campfire songs whilst listening to the crackle of the fire. It might seem childish, but mind you, I actually had some of the best times of my life all because of this.

Recently, I joined the 38th National Encampment last April 11-16 and I could truly say that those days were beyond amazing. Despite the long travel to touchdown Davao and join the camp, it was all worth it. The place was really peaceful and calm; the people were really nice as well! 

We went to different tourist spots such as People’s Park and Eden’s Nature Park. We also got the chance to give gifts to some cancer patients -  which was really heartwarming. I also got the chance to meet tons of people from different cities such as Cavite, Manila, etc.

To be honest, there were times when I constantly questioned myself why did I get myself into joining that encampment - mainly because of the unexpected changes in the weather, from the really sunny Camp Alano to the thunderstorms in the heavens. But as the days succeeded, my longing to go home suddenly felt empty. When they announced that it was the end of the camp, everything felt very overwhelming at that time. I then realized, it was all because of the people I spent those rollercoaster days with. The people I’ve been with during the 1st and the 2nd thunderstorm, helping out each other under the rain just to evacuate to the dry area. They were the ones who kept me - everyone at bay. The smiles despite the struggles we faced was the main reason why everything was worth it.

I’m so glad I got to spend those 7 days (including the day we arrived, April 10) with those girls who helped me push through the end of the encampment. Those girls really defined my meaning of sisterhood, and I am more than grateful to be a part of the meaning of theirs. Thank you so much, Cebu Council, especially to the batch of girls who joined National Encampment 2015!

All the love, Gwyn 

< > Home
The Haute Express © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.