20/02/2016

My Favorite Books


Ever since I was a little girl, I was always fascinated with words - words that told stories and words that held emotion. At three, I abused my fairy tale books by reading them countless of times, and every time I finished another one, I'd still feel perfectly amused. So it doesn't seem much of a surprise to my parents when I ask them for a seven hundred page book or even more, because without a doubt, I'd pretty much be engrossed in every page.

I wanted to share the books I found very interesting and eventually grew fond of. Most of these lie along the teen fiction and romance genre because I'm a sucker like that but still, I rate all of these an eleven out of a ten.





1. The Rest of us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

The first time I saw this book resting on one of Fully Booked's iconic bookshelves, I thought to myself, "this seems interesting." Although mine has a different cover, I still recommend you to read it!! It's about a guy who just wants to get over with his life by living low-key for the sake of existing. The plot and how the story evolves is equally confusing but intriguing.



2. Why We Broke Up

Although this book is well-known - considering it's always on the bookcases in every bookstore I go - it's sadly underrated. From how it's written and the story itself, I personally think Daniel Handler did a really great job. This book made me really emotional and it still does! It's a story about a a sad break-up that will leave you pondering about life. (Half kidding)



3. Isla and the Happily Ever After

Stephanie Perkins is an insanely great writer. Her books are beyond amazing but I found this one truly wonderful. Teenage love never fails to leave me with a river of tears and her version of it is so on point that you can't even identify which part of the book was the reason for your awe.

Josh, the character in the book, reminds me so much of Zayn. So every time his name pops out I could just picture him doing those things.



4. To all the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

I love this book particularly because it is very relatable. From the unrequited love quotes to the ones she was so afraid of revealing, Jenny Han truly captivated my heart. Also, she succeeded in making me want to have my own Peter Kavinsky.



5. Falling into Place

This book really opened my eyes on how imperfect our lives actually are. No matter what perks may she be having that you don't, doesn't mean her life is always filled with joy. Trying to formulate her death, Liz Emerson struggles to surpass life's challenges even though she's famous, rich and praised by many. It just goes to show that no one is truly perfect and if there is someone out there who is in need of help, the sole act of listening to that person's problems can change his/her destiny.



6. All the Bright Places

I personally haven't finished the entire book yet but so far it's very cute! I adore both characters because like what's written under its synopsis, they do keep each other alive despite their depression. I look forward to continue reading it, for sure.


If you ever read any of these books or decided to read it because of this post, do tell me what you think so we can share the feels! You can reach me through social media or shoot me an email at gwynmruiz@gmail.com

With love, Gwyn

Disclaimer: Photos of books are not mine, they belong to their respective owners whose book covers appeared right after I searched on google.
< > Home
The Haute Express © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.